Are you doing enough to reduce the risk of having your identity stolen? it’s a good time to reflect on what kinds of measures you should take to prevent thieves from stealing and using your Personally Identifiable Information (PII) for fraudulent activities. As more and more of our personal information is online and cybercriminals target everything from bank accounts to tax refunds, identity theft is a growing concern. With your sensitive information in their hands, crooks can make fraudulent purchases, open new accounts or apply for loans in your name.
Watch the video to see how you can reduce the risk of falling victim to identity theft. Among other things, you will learn:
- How to respond to requests for your personal information
- Why register with credit bureaus as well as monitor your financial accounts
- How to stop scammers from pulling off a SIM card swap
- Why using weak passwords is risky and what to do instead
- Why opt for multi-factor authentication wherever it is available
- How security software can help
- Why encrypt your data and devices and shred documents containing sensitive information
Stay safe in 2020!